• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cars about town

John69RR

Reaction score
It's sad to see some of these old cars in these situations but to some they are purely a mode of transportation. For us however they are classics that deserve better.

mannye

Reaction score
At least someone is caring enough to cover the thing. I just hope it isn't one of those covers that holds in the moisture... death sentence for any car.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mannye said:
I just hope it isn't one of those covers that holds in the moisture... death sentence for any car.

Yep. Learned that one myself...the hard way... :brickwall:

Especially true when you live somewhere as humid as it is here...

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mannye said:
I just hope it isn't one of those covers that holds in the moisture... death sentence for any car.

Yep. Learned that one myself...the hard way... :brickwall:

Especially true when you live somewhere as humid as it is here...

That runner is less than 3 miles from the beach so there is a fair amount of moisture here. There is also a 68 383 4 speed runner that I have been trying to buy across the street. It was parked in 1979 when the owner lost his license. It has a built 440 with 2 inch headers, 4.56 gear, TM7 intake and an 850. You dont have to guess what he was up to when he lost his license. It has been carefully cocooned for the last 30 years with so much dirt under it you cant see under it anymore. I actually had him cornered and offered too little in 1997, I think I offered him $2500 for it. Haven't seen him or been able to contact him since. I am probably going to get thrown in jail for stalking him. :lock:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparchris said:
[ I actually had him cornered and offered too little in 1997, I think I offered him $2500 for it. Haven't seen him or been able to contact him since. I am probably going to get thrown in jail for stalking him. :lock:

at least it would be for a worthy cause!

solid gold

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
moparchris said:
[ I actually had him cornered and offered too little in 1997, I think I offered him $2500 for it. Haven't seen him or been able to contact him since. I am probably going to get thrown in jail for stalking him. :lock:

at least it would be for a worthy cause!
Just a thought: Doesn't it seem whenever someone puts a cover on a car, everyone wants to buy it! Stack a bunch of sh** on top of it, it's worth a couple GRAND more! :loco: :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
solid gold said:
Just a thought: Doesn't it seem whenever someone puts a cover on a car, everyone wants to buy it! Stack a bunch of sh** on top of it, it's worth a couple GRAND more! :loco: :lol:

I've noticed that too...there's a red A12 Bee around here that sits under a cover in the guy's driveway...I'd guess he probably has someone knock on the door at least once a day... :crazy:

...and so now you're all wondering why is it that an A12 is sitting outside...??? One word: DIVORCE. The guy's ex cleaned him out and the beautiful home with the large garage he used to own is no more. He managed to keep a few of his cars and that's it. He has one of the super-rare supercharged '57 Thunderbirds so the A12 isn't top dog in his stable and has to sit outside... :yesnod:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That lady is beautiful. I went to the local bagel shop this morning where they are trying to kick off a new thing for the summer months, I was the show. Although the Bagel was good :lol:

moparchris

Reaction score
I was driving around some back roads exercising my Chevelle and found this one. Pretty cool, big oil pan, Big headers, full gauges, sump in the gas tank, drag radials, and floor shifted auto trans.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
I was driving around some back roads exercising my Chevelle and found this one. Pretty cool, big oil pan, Big headers, full gauges, sump in the gas tank, drag radials, and floor shifted auto trans.

Wow. Those wheels may be ugly...but they sure do suck! :lol:

mannye

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

Wow. Those wheels may be ugly...but they sure do suck! :lol:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I can't WAIT to use that at work!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
thanks Chris. that a dent in the drivers fender?

Back