• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Carter 1969 AVS for A/T 383

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonLiv

Reaction score
4616 / Restored / $25020180310_080135[1].jpg 20180310_080104[1].jpg Location: South Eastern PA

Last edited:

RonLiv

Reaction score
I have one, but I need it for my car. It's in pretty crappy condition and being restored, I hope. They are hard to find. If I find another I'll let you know though. I'm not in the business of carburetor restoration and rebuilding.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Chris:
There is a 4682AVS for sale on ebay $120. Looks a bit rough.

RonLiv

Reaction score
OK, I still have the 4616, again not for the High Performance 383, but it would work I'm told. It's for a Automatic Transmission Car w/o Air - 1969. I'll take a beating on the price as I don't need or want it.

However, I also have a completely rebuilt/restored 4682. This one is for a 1969 HP 383, Automatic no/air car. How I got it is when I contracted with a Carb shop who had two cores for my car turns out his cores were useless. I had bought one that I was going to have some fun with and try to rebuild myself and I wound up sending that to him which ultimately wound up on the car and is running just fine. In the meantime not wanting this to hold up delivery of my car due to a carburetor debacle if it turns out the core I had was also unusable, and it was pretty rough in my very & extremely unprofessional opinion, I found a Carb shop in South Carolina who said he knew of one, but did not have it in hand. So I contracted with him to acquire that Carb and rebuild/restore it as a Plan B.

So now I have an extra Carter 4682AVS C-4, that I'm frankly quite OK with holding on to given how hard these seem to be to find and it might come in handy some day. If someone needs/wants it I'd be willing to let it go, but I'm not willing to take a beating on this one. I'll sell it for what I have in it. $1,200. I'm not going to bother with pictures unless someone wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back