• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CB's 69 Runner

chargerbelgium

Reaction score
Hi guys, you will rmember me posting some pics of my Runner in the newbie section, some time ago.

Here is how she sits right now:

IMG_1632.jpg

Once the car arrived from the States the front brakes were leaking, transmission was not working and also leaking.
So my buddy and I replaced the front brake and caliper lines and inspected the trans.

The input shaft seal was leaking so I decided since the valv body had to come out to install a Transgo TF2 shift kit. Together wit a Moroso gasket and deep pan and 10.4L :eek-new: of fresh oil she now becomes driveable again.

vb.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

I got a new engine harness and Fire Core distributor kit ready to install. This will be done after the car is inspected and licenced. The motor now runs silky smooth, steers and stops really good (factory disk brakes is nice to have)...

fire core dis.jpg

at the gas station

IMG_1591.jpg

To see some vids click:

test drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXmU1rS7V_U&spfreload=10

walk around
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3kzMT0NHWI

cold start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQIwnw94X8Y

So plans are to remove the glue residu on the roof and hire a body man to do the body work. It should go back to A4 Silver.
I'll keep you posted on the progress in this thread.
Talk to you soon!
CB

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

fire core dis.jpg

vb.jpg

Last edited:

chargerbelgium

Reaction score
The runner suffers from hard staring when hot, even stalling at the stop light. So I did some research on vapor lock and decided to dig into the fuel delivery system.
I removed the carburator and stock iron intake. Look what I found in my valley pan :eek:
a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

a lot of the junk was backed on the underside of the manifold.

d.jpg

I ordered a new FelPro heat crossover valley pan gasket and a 1/2" spacer to prevent boiling the gas in my Carb.
Once I get them I'll post some pics. Thanks for watching:popcorn:

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

Mopar Vince

Reaction score
less heat with aluminum intake

do your self a favor and get an aluminum intake.
less heat = less percolation
if you must have a stock look then paint it.
just one Mopar guy's humble opinion..

Ranger

Reaction score
Maybe a highrise would also help. Get some airflow under the manifold.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that looks like the insulation I've found under some stock intakes. looks like you're doing a good job with it. quit being a stranger!

chargerbelgium

Reaction score
Well actually, I found half a tree under the manifold. I wonder how that would get there?
I don't know too much about intake mflds to go looking for the stock replacement. I am going to install the 6pack hood eventually so clearance won't be a problem. Or does it?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mice find a way to get all kinds of crap in the tightest spaces. you should have all kinds of clearance with 6 Pak hood.
My Green Roadrunner.jpg

My Green Roadrunner.jpg

chargerbelgium

Reaction score
got the manifold back, has been power washed with solvent, it's now nice and clean. Gonna sand it down and paint it back to Mopar Turqoise. Tomorrow the UPS-dude will deliver my gasket and spacer.

before/after

dirty intake.jpg cleanintake.jpg

cleanintake.jpg

dirty intake.jpg

Back