• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CE/COYOTE PROBLEMS

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score

New York

The Governor Elect of New York is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out, bites the Governor, and attacks his dog.

1. The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie "Bambi", then realizes he should stop, the coyote is only doing what's natural.

2. He calls Animal Control. Animal Control captures the coyote and bills the state $200 for testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.

3. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the state $200 for testing it for disease.

4. The Governor goes to a hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for disease from the coyote and for getting his bite wound bandaged.

5. The running trail is shut down for 6 months, while Fish & Game conducts their $100,000 survey to make sure the area is free of dangerous animals.

6. The Governor next spends $150,000 in state funds, implementing a "Coyote Awareness" program for residents of the area.

7. The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease, throughout the world.

8. The Governor's security agent is fired for not somehow stopping the attack and for letting the Governor attempt to intervene.

9. Additional cost to State of New York: $175,000 to hire and train a new security agent with additional special training re: The Nature of Coyotes.

10. PETA protests the coyote's relocation and files suit against the state.

Governor Brewer Of Arizona is jogging, with her dog, along a nature trail.
A coyote jumps out and attacks her dog.

1. The Governor shoots the coyote with her state-issued pistol and keeps jogging.

The Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow-point cartridge.

2. Arizona buzzards eat the dead coyote.

And that, my friends, is why New York is broke :D

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that this is probably closer to the truth than you'd like, George... :D

george68hemirr

Reaction score
i "ll tell you what,,,,,the DEC brought these coyotes back to feed of the dead deer/turkeys and whatever and they are all over the place....theres a contest in todays paper to kill the heaviest one.....$2000.00.....its like open season on these bastards.....they are getting close to the house.......i hear them around 2 am every morning hooting and howling....they are getting out of control :eek:

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
i "ll tell you what,,,,,the DEC brought these coyotes back to feed of the dead deer/turkeys and whatever and they are all over the place....theres a contest in todays paper to kill the heaviest one.....$2000.00.....its like open season on these bastards.....they are getting close to the house.......i hear them around 2 am every morning hooting and howling....they are getting out of control :eek:
I have one running around my yard. I've seen him several times. I found a turkey wing in the front yard about six weeks ago. If it persists I'm going to have to dispatch of him, makes me a little uneasy walking around the yard at night. Know what I mean?

george68hemirr

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
george68hemirr said:
I have one running around my yard. I've seen him several times. I found a turkey wing in the front yard about six weeks ago. If it persists I'm going to have to dispatch of him, makes me a little uneasy walking around the yard at night. Know what I mean?
it really does......since i have a dog and he like to run around outside.....a pack of coyotes could put him down in a minute :eek:

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
sixgunrunner68 said:
george68hemirr said:
it really does......since i have a dog and he like to run around outside.....a pack of coyotes could put him down in a minute :eek:
x2 I haven't been letting the dogs out alone since I first spotted him. Haven't seen him in a few week though, so I'm not sure if he's moved on or the snow is keeping him away. If he shows up again I'm going to borrow my buddy's coyote call and eliminate the problem.

Back