• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chasing a rattle noise!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The rattle may be the guy next to you with that loud boom box. I thought the ground had opened up when one guy opened up his full blast next to me at a stop light. Hope you got it fixed buddy. Russ.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Nobody gets close enough to this bird to make that kinda racket.
Those rattle clips that I bent back have made a huge difference,but any other rattle I will blame on the rest of the front end to be refreshed…Thanks for all the help!!!

woodwiz

Reaction score
I got the new set of anti-rattle disc brake caliper hardware from Napa today and did the install tonight and going for a test ride in the morning. This kit does not come with any special instructions for install,so I just assume put back on as I found them right? As I took off the drivers side hardware I noticed a partial piece of what looked like what came with the new parts….a rubber band looking gasket kinda thing. Don’t have a clue where and why this goes,so anyone please chime in on how this all goes together and works…Please!& Thanks!

V.R.D

Reaction score
the rubber bands go around the caliper seat to help stop rattle .look in the factory service manual to see how it all works together.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Installed the anti-rattle plates last night and tried to figure the likely placement for these rubber band looking things and I must have installed them right because rattle gone…Now I can concentrate on that damn radio
Thanks everybody!!!

woodwiz

Reaction score
Rattle is gone! Now to deal with all the other noises in the car and my Older body

Back