• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

chipped paint.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
While driving home from Orlando the other day taking my motor pallet back to the motor shop. Had an Semi with a low boy trailer on the back was a cement container they set up on the job site. He was slinging rock's and heard tink tink sound. Was stuck in the fast lane and could not avoid him in the slow lane is where he was. Speed up and when getting home had three rock chip's in the paint on the hood. Two front center of hood where the latch is and one about 12 inches up center of hood. Made me so mad. Have done my best to touch up that area but this paint job is not one to be touched up very well. Well guess that is what we get if where going to venture out on the road. Will wait till more damge is noticable and strip the hood down and repaint it. We try so hard to keep these car's up and thing's like this happen. Best of luck to the rest of my runner brother's. Russ.

TOMRR

Reaction score
While driving home from Orlando the other day taking my motor pallet back to the motor shop. Had an Semi with a low boy trailer on the back was a cement container they set up on the job site. He was slinging rock's and heard tink tink sound. Was stuck in the fast lane and could not avoid him in the slow lane is where he was. Speed up and when getting home had three rock chip's in the paint on the hood. Two front center of hood where the latch is and one about 12 inches up center of hood. Made me so mad. Have done my best to touch up that area but this paint job is not one to be touched up very well. Well guess that is what we get if where going to venture out on the road. Will wait till more damge is noticable and strip the hood down and repaint it. We try so hard to keep these car's up and thing's like this happen. Best of luck to the rest of my runner brother's. Russ.
Yep, Know the feeling. When you hear that sound, I try to live with it and only can be so careful. I try not to drive on dirt and when I hear a Tink I have to pull over and inspect. I swear I never hear that noise when driving My truck or Jeep.

DSC_0568.jpg

V.R.D

Reaction score
go to the local part store they have clear removable tape that you put it on the front of the hood and filler panel and will pull off without hurting thr paint

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Ok I have the base coat still and clear. Enough to do the job. But this paint job is not a single stage job. I had to add a color blender to carry the royal blue mini flake. So touch up is rough to blend in. Will make the best of it in the long run and if it gets bad enough will take the hood of and do it all over again. Thanks guy's.

Back