• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaner

wannarunner

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be spending some time sitting on my K-frame cleaning the engine compartment, Autozone has a bunch of choices for cleaner, simple green etc. any recommendations?

meepbeep69

Reaction score
I swear by this stuff and it can be found at your local Dollar stores............

http://www.lastotallyawesome.com

It'll cut through most grease but if caked on you will need some help (scraper, power washer). Other than that I'll sound like an infomercial for the stuff. Like Windex in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding Movie."

I also used a Dupont product to get it ready after sanding. I'll find out the number. It was expensive but I watched it almost dissolve gobs of grease. It cut through the heavy stuff like a hot knife through butter. It's kinda like the Prepsol product.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I simply power washed the bulk of the grime off, took the K-frame and all four brake backing plates to the powder coat outfit and they sandblasted and coated them semigloss black for $75

wannarunner

Reaction score
Thankfully my k frame is all set in that department. I do have road grime to get rid off though.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Don't use that new purple colored cleaner, it cleans well but changes the color of paint. A friend used some on his nice looking engine and ruined the paint, bleached it out.

moparchris

Reaction score
I use simple green and a pressure washer, make sure you use a large bore tip to lower the speed at which the water is coming out so as to not blow the paint off.

Back