• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Climate Controls

quikbird

Reaction score
a piece of fuel line hose on the end will help get it started and down to finger tight, then big johns method is the answer

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Thank ya sir.

Well, I found the squeak in the passenger door. The bracket that attaches the window channel to the post on the inside of the door was the culprit. It only had 1 screw attaching it and the piece of sponge the factory put there to cushion the 2 pieces of metal was so deteriorated, it might as well not have been there. Drilled out the bracket to add a 2nd screw and replaced the sponge with a small strip of weatherstripping. Viola! No more squeak!

Changed the oil today and other than being old, it looked pretty good. Not milky or anything, just dark. But the oil filter ($@&?£%¥#€!!). Man!!! If that 800 lb gorilla that used to put the oil filters on at the Dodge Charger plant doesn't work there anymore, the guy that used to own my Roadrunner has him as a pet now. Also, with the power steering, headers, lower radiator hose, and a pulley right there, getting the old filter out and the new one back in was a chore and took some maneuvering to do so. But that's also done.

The correct heater core came in today. Now I need to follow up to see where the classic car shop guy is on getting that A/C kit for me.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I was able to get a special order put in yesterday, but it's going to be at least a month before it gets shipped.... at least I've got the heater core leak stopped for now. I could go ahead a pull and replace the heater core, but I'd rather get it all done at the same time. At least I was able to get one ordered. Now it's just a waiting game.

Back