• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clutch fork

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Mr. Turtle the project is taking a nap for a bit.

All the electrical and fuel lines are in. We put the car on the hoist, put the driveshaft in no problem. I was actually starting to think I'd get a few burnouts in before the snow flies, but not in my driveway.

Anyway, the car was at times in several boxes. Seems somewhere along the line (14 year project) I purchased an A body 12.5 inch clutch fork. Started to put the clutch rod in to the torque shaft or Z bar and I am an inch off. My clutch fork has these cute little holes in it.

Question is can a slim fingered mechanic possibly get his hands up in there and get the clips off the throw out bearing and slide in a new one?

Brewer's is shipping me one and I should have it by Tuesday.

I am posting the pictures of the clutch forks below so no one else will get the headache I now have.

Know anybody in the A body crowd who needs a really nice clean clutch fork cheap?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
should be able to swap the fork out without any troublwe. done it a few times.

Back