• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clutch Pedal

MikeMeep

Reaction score
I was driving this weekend and thr clutch pedal will not pop back unless I pull it up. I can still depress enongh to engage clutch. Has this happened to any else? Does anyone know what to do to repair it?

Beekeeper

Reaction score
sounds like your bell crank/Z bar needs bushings time for a service on it. also check the clutch fork return spring

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
About the clutch fork return spring, where should it be hang on to? The previous owner putted it on the tube of the exhaust manifold but I do think for sure that is not the right place... Am I wrong?

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
is that the only return spring you have? I'm going to check back my pics when I disassembled the car but I do remember the one which goes in that bell housing hole and if I remember well there was another spring that goes from the fork to the headers with a sort of clamp to fix it. was a very strange linkage though... :huh:

Thanks for your reply Basketcase :)

quikbird

Reaction score
just supposed to be the one spring. it can be a real pain the get stretched back and installed into the hole.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The over center spring on the pedal itself is used with standard Borg and Beck 3 finger presser plates. Diaphragm clutches and certain other manufacturers want that spring removed so the the pedal returns.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I never had any trouble getting it into the hole...........

Coyote

Reaction score
Good Grief, this crowd just spreads sweetness and light where ever it goes!

Actual answer: Adjustment (first try/probably it hopefully ), Z bar bushings, over travel spring. One of those for sure ought to get it unless clutch itself is on the way south.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mine did that when I first got it, after I replaced the home made adjustment rod, and properly adjusted, clutch works fine.

MikeMeep

Reaction score
Ok, I got all the parts. What type of grease should I use with the nynlon bearings when they go into the torque shaft? Keep it clean...

Back