• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

color change

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
it just may Steve.......actually///I've thought about taking the car with me...they'd just have to dig a bigger hole....:eek-new:

pro-streeter

Reaction score
IMO 383 cars full nut and bolt restored correctly have a value of $35K to Low $40K on the general market. Other lesser restored cars can range from $15K to $30K. Color does play a role however I would say it may influence the price $1K to $3K. Not enough to not have the color you like best. I have come to a point I have a fondness of all the colors. Different is good. Auctions are the best way to go if you want higher dollars and you sell the car to prospective buyers pre auction. It is all a gamble to some extent. Enjoy it.

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
Build it, paint it, how ever you want, drive it like you stole it, use what ever parts you find...

yes it can effect the value to an extent, if it was a std 383 car, I wouldn't worry too much thou...
{I've seen some people that estimates as high as 25% if it's not the OE color & not #'s matching},
especially to a die hard purist,
but if it's done correctly/tastefully, not some freakish color,
most people would look the other way,
you'll get the occasional fender tag decipherer, that will always make comments, just don't worry about it...

Unless it's a really rare color &/or a really rare car combo,
I wouldn't be too overly concerned about resale value,
it already has a 440ci, that it didn't come with....

Now if it's a 1000pt concourse restoration,
that will be judged to the hilt, then yes repaint to the original fender tag code,
otherwise I'd say do your own thing, have fun,
I always do...

Good luck

Back