• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colors , What Would You do?

AMX GUY

Reaction score
I'm getting closer to having to decide what colors I'm going with on my '70 Road Runner . it was an EF8 ( dark green ) car with a black bucket seat interior. I can't do that.

Being a '70 there are many options, Inviolet and Lime Light are the two I'm stuck on but I could almost flip a coin I'm so undecided.

With Lime Light the black interior and hood black out are obvious choices.

With the FC7 a black interior is okay, but white really pops. I have to redo the interior anyways so this isn't an issue.

I'm going all original EXCEPT for the color , so maybe if I keep the black interior that's one less change.

I'm just asking for opinions, this isn't a numbers car or anything special so I'm not ruining anything with a color change , just a rust free Oregon 383 4spd car getting a total restoration.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
If you don't care about it being original, why limit yourself to colors from 1969?

Photon440

Reaction score
While FC7 looks great (it`s what my road runner got from the factory) it sometimes seems like there are a lot of them. To me the car seems a little big for that much lime light. Sticking with 1970, other options I like are burnt orange which always seemed classy, as does DR8 Burgundy Metallic, not available on b-bodies but was on full sized Imperial and Chryslers. Another full sized car colour was EM9 Deep Plum, which would give you something unique on a road runner.

AMX GUY

Reaction score
It does seem like there are lots of FC7 cars out there, but as I recall it was the most popular clor in 1970 for the Super Bee anyway. the sublime looks better with a vinyl top which my car didn't have but could I suppose.

I'm from a little cowtown so any B body is rare, aqny old car is rare for that matter. I doubt there will ever be another 70 Roadrunner at any show I ever go to let alone one the same color. so I can get away with anything that way.

I have never really considered non factory colors though you do make a good point. I just think it would always eat at me.

quikbird

Reaction score
look at other years as well if you want to stay with a factory color. there are some great colors out there that would make that bird pop.i personally am going with a van color from the 80's called gun metal blue pearl. soon as I can get the darn thing running again.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
A friend of mine had his 70 Hemi Challenger repainted in the original burnt orange color and then just like he did back in the 70's (he's the original owner) , he had them shoot clear over the base color with some complimentary colored metal flake in it. The result is spectacular. It looks stock... yet it pops in the sun like you won't believe. You have to really stare at it to notice the flake..but yet it's there to catch your eye.

As I say, he had the same thing done back in the early seventies... then did some of the crazy white panel paint that was popular then. This time it got the flake, but no panel paint.

This pic doesn't do the car justice, but you can see how it looks stock. If I had it to do over again, my 300 would have gotten the same treatment.

DSCF6994.jpg

dstryr

Reaction score
I love F8, especially on a 70 so recommending something else isn't easy. But I do like C7 and K3.

Nice Challenger, Big John!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love X9 on a '70 RR. Just looks sinister. Prefer the white gut in a black car, but there are other interior color choices that are also appealing. But I'm with you as far as the F8 goes. Never been a fan...even though my buddy Basketcase loves it... :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
on I'm your buddy now.....:toetap::toetap::toetap:
you're preaching to the choir....F8 all the way. Purple is too common anymore. that Challenger looks sweet though.

wagonman

Reaction score
Bronze Metalic on my 68 but may go a shade darker. Code MM1 on fender tag. My old 70 Charger was the FC7 and I really liked it but it was a #s car so it had to go back to original. I still like the Sublime on a 70 R/R as a friend had one originally, that color really stands out. Where in Oregon are you located??

AMX GUY

Reaction score
Kind of like FY1 too, but nobody else does.

I've looked at a thousand pictures and on E bodys FC7 is awesome, my '70 Challenger is an original red car so I kept it that way but if I hadn't liked the color it would be FC7. on B bodies though the more I look at FC7 the more I have my doubts. FJ5 is starting to be my favorite. red would be neat on a 70 Roadrunner, nobody does that everyone wants a high impact color. but I have a red car already.

Wagonman, I'm in Prineville.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
unfourtanty that item has been severing lacking.....it is however from overexposure to what has been recently called coworkers/inbreads/just plain morons.,

Back