• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Column Shift 69 RR with Buckets?

SgtLee511

Reaction score
The first thing I noticed after buying my RR was that it was a bucket seat car which appears odd to me since it has a column shift and no signs of a console mounting on the floor, were some of the cars sold that way, course its odd that it has factory air and no power steering to me also. I was just wondering if there were members here that have column shift, bucket seat cars.

Ranger

Reaction score
were some of the cars sold that way,
I suspect if it was ordered with buckets, it would have come with a console and floor mounted shift. Then again, even though mine is a 4 speed, the console is listed as a C16 $54.45 option on the window sticker. That said, I suppose it could be standard if buckets where ordered with an automatic.

My guess is that the buckets where installed sometime AFTER it left the factory.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could go either way. Could have been made that way, or could have been changed out at some point in its life. Ma MoPar produced some odd combinations, so never rule ANYTHING out. Even when a certain combination supposedly was not available - sometimes it happened. They were not going to stop the production line just because one piece of the puzzle was missing from their parts bin.

Do you have the Fender Tag, or better yet a broadcast sheet? If so, these questions can be answered in very short order.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If you have the original floor pan see if it has been re-drilled or if the bucket seat supports are there.

A12

Reaction score
roadrunnerJD's A12 is (was :upset:) a column auto, bucket seats and no console........would have been pretty easy to overlook a console or not want one. Could have been a dealer thinking that if you ordered an automatic and bucket seats then it came with a console automatically (pun intended). We're kind of thinking the same way right now eh?

A12

Reaction score
Another point I would think back in the day and even now (re; F.A.S.T.) a column 727 with bucket seats would be a few pounds lighter than a bench seat. (ever weigh a front b-body bench seat compared to two bucket seats :apthy:)

Last edited:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Another point I would think back in the day and even now (re; F.A.S.T.) a column 727 with bucket seats would be a few pounds lighter than a bench seat. (ever weigh a front b-body bench seat compared to two bucket seats :apthy:)

No, but I would be interested in seeing the actual comparison. I'm guessing that one (or more) of the F.A.S.T. boys has done it though...

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Yall have some good insight into this, There is steel reinforced mounts on the floor for the buckets, there is no mounts on the hump for a console, it would be true the seats probably weigh quite a bit less than the bench, seats match the interior, along with the belts. Previous owners are Dead, No One to ask LOL

SgtLee511

Reaction score
I have the fender tag but the dam thing is rusted through , some Still readable on what line will it show buckets and do you know that code, I do not have a broadcast sheet for it.

CompSyn

Reaction score
Here's my bucket seat column shift 69 Road Runner. About 99% sure it's all original, and I'm keeping it that way.

5%20Interior1_zpse4zrb0b0.jpg

bobbyb

Reaction score
Just FYI, I have a 68 Sport Satellite, bucket seats, and column shift. I realize its not a Road Runner, but it is a b body.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's my bucket seat column shift 69 Road Runner. About 99% sure it's all original, and I'm keeping it that way.

Your emergency brake release lever looks almost as bad as mine. Almost. :basketcase:

Back