• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

column shift to floor shift conversion

Mel

Reaction score
thinking about switching out my column shifter to the floor with the console. Anyone done this conversion??? Thanks

quikbird

Reaction score
Doable. Is somewhat involved process. Need to decide how original want to be. Or if want to go to hydraulic clutch etc.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Well you need a console and weld in floor brackets which is the hard part getting those in the correct locations. Shift linkage, save the kick down linkage that's on the car, cut the hole in the floor and boot for the hole and then a steering column which differ with manual or power steering.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Would you need the shift tunnel panel also. Their are two boots on the console shift one on the tunnel and one on the console.

Mel

Reaction score
i was more worried about mounting the bucket seats

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
i was more worried about mounting the bucket seats
Make sure you put the enforcement plates in for the bucket seats if your floor pan dose not have them. AMD Sell's them. Console brackets also. I am putting console and bucket seat in this runner. It is a four speed car. Talk with those guy's at Stephens they are help full.

Back