• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console question.

Jack R

Reaction score
Need a 4 speed console but found an automatic plastic housing. Is there or what is the difference between the two?

quikbird

Reaction score
Where the shifter goes is different, automatic tunnel is different so overall shape of console is also different

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes big difference. I had to buy all the part's for my conversion from bench seat car to bucket seat with console. Don't know but think the console brackets are different also between bucket and four speed. Had to find the shifter for it. Got one from Tony's mopart's. It is costly but it look's grate when done. Do you have any parts for the console. I looked and shopped. Found deal's here and their. Saving a hundred here and their. Most of the stuff I found on Ebay was junk so bought all new. Let us know how it goes. Russ.

Jack R

Reaction score
I have all the pieces. They are in decent / restorable shape too. My plastic was broken in half. No way to fix it. We have a good guys show here next weekend, if I can’t locate one in that huge swap meet I’ll get the reproduction if I can.
I hope to have the painted body back in January. Overwhelmed right now with every bit and piece needing something. Engine (69 440) 4 speed, rear axle and suspension just about ready to install. Need to find someone to rebuild the steering column though. Not sure I want to do that.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That sound's grate. Having most of the part's is a plus. I will say I have about 2000 in every thing. It is all their waiting for me to finish painting the body and assemble. It is taking for ever to get this one done but it is just me working on it and I mean every thing. Well post some pic's when you get a chance. Keep us in the loop on how it is going. Russ. :thumbsup2:

Jack R

Reaction score
I am not surprised at your 2K number. A buddy of mine saved my shifter. Strip, copper, copper plate. Came out great. Aerospace plating shop.

50E0CD21-4A71-4EC6-A0D0-07C050B08E65.jpeg

83F52688-D645-4D65-B8B6-2C8166B77CDB.jpeg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is a real nice job they did. Found a place in Melbourne Fla. Think mine is going their for 75 dollar's they say they can do it. Good job. Keep the pic's coming on the progress love to see how it turn's out. Just to say I paid 400 for my shift handle these are hard to find. :thumbsup2:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jack you just reminded me about Good guys. If I take a car I'll let you know which one maybe bump into you.

Back