• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Continued problems with the clutch

nicanor

Reaction score
Took my clutch out to see if it was the problem. It was a diaphram pressure plate and not three fingered. Worse of all, it was for a Chevy not a Mopar.

Had the flywheel done and got another pilot bushing and throw out bearing, but Southland clutch still doesn't believe it was the clutch. What else could it be? They recommended pulling on the flywheel when installed to make sure it doesn't move front to back to ensure the thrust bearing wasn't bad. Also to make sure the pilot bushing was in correctly and to make sure it wasn't an automatic engine that someone tried to put a 4 speed into without the correct bushing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry

moparchris

Reaction score
nicanor said:
Took my clutch out to see if it was the problem. It was a diaphram pressure plate and not three fingered. Worse of all, it was for a Chevy not a Mopar.

Had the flywheel done and got another pilot bushing and throw out bearing, but Southland clutch still doesn't believe it was the clutch. What else could it be? They recommended pulling on the flywheel when installed to make sure it doesn't move front to back to ensure the thrust bearing wasn't bad. Also to make sure the pilot bushing was in correctly and to make sure it wasn't an automatic engine that someone tried to put a 4 speed into without the correct bushing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry, I really think you have a clearance issues with exhaust, motor mount, etc.

nicanor

Reaction score
Ed Hanson just put on a complete new exhaust system with a Quicktime electric cutouts and I have pictures of the job complete. There is no exhaust close to anything. I thought the same thing. We got down in the pit and checked the whole exhaust system together while the car was running and there was no exhaust parts hitting anywhere.

Its kicking my butt. :brickwall:

Barry

quicktime

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Do you have a torque strap?

Are the Z bar bushings new?

Is the overcenter spring still under the dash?

Was the clutch adjusted to where it returned properly?

Back