• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convert Resto Part II...

chapdog105

Reaction score
Figured I'd start a new thread now that my car is back in the shop.

I ordered a lot of AMD metal today from A Deals Auto Parts. I really like dealing with these guys for parts.
Today I ordered...
-Outer Wheelhouses
-Inner Wheelhouses
-1 piece floorpan
-1 piece trunk pan
-Full Quarter Panels (both)
-Inner Fenders (both)
-Cross member extensions and reinforcements for both sides

Spent a little over $3k on everything. I'm pretty happy with that. Not so happy about buying most of this shit for the second time in a year. On that note, I filed the necessary paperwork to take my former body guy to small claims court today. I'm hoping to recover enough from him to pay for all my new metal that he demolished the first go around. I've never sued anyone before, it's not my speed, but someone's gotta make this guy think twice before he screws more people. Hindsight 20/20...

Still need some torque boxes for the front end. Waiting to order to see if I need the rear pair too before I place an order. A couple guys are selling the boxes on ebay. Anyone using a set they'd prefer? AMD doesn't make them.

I'm sure the list will grow as they start to break down the rear-end of the car. Probably need a new rear leaf spring mount set, and possible frame rails too. I'll order that and new bumper brackets for the front and rear next month when the wallet refills a little.

Also, I really need a deck filler panel (see pic below). No one makes a repop for a convertible that I know of. Anyone know of someone with a vert they're parting out that has a good filler panel? I have a friend of a friend that is driving right now to Desert Valley in Arizona. He's going to lookout for one. My fingers are crossed...

Took some pics today. I still can't believe what a shitty job that first guy did. There is a lot of bare metal that is all rusty already that he just left bare. The hack even double stacked the floorpans!! What's worse, he just left them bare metal when he put the new ones over the old.

Why prime or paint the other side of the lower grill panel? Such a hack this guy was!!!
IMG_20120412_144145.jpg

This is the kind of stuff he covered up without fixing...
IMG_20120412_143112.jpg

Toasted out torque box on front passenger side...
IMG_20120412_143104.jpg

Drivers side outer wheelhouse. I'll be buying those...again.
IMG_20120412_143045.jpg

Deck filler panel packed full of fiberglass...just like the rest of the car.
IMG_20120412_143025.jpg

Caulk in the torque box?!?!? Seriously? He "patched" the frame rails with that caulk too. :brickwall:
IMG_20120412_141033.jpg

solid gold

Reaction score
I'd ask for more than the sheetmetal cost. STRESS AND SUFFERING has a high price! People shouldn't operate like that. Good Luck to you this go 'round! :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Those pics should help you a lot in court to show the horrible work this guy did. I hope you get something back from him and I hope they shut this guy down so he doesn't go and screw someone else!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and don't loose a second's sleep over suing that hack. :soap:

chapdog105

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
and don't loose a second's sleep over suing that hack. :soap:

I did feel pretty bad initially, that's why I didn't sue him right when it happened.
After seeing just how bad he hacked the car once is was tore down, and dishing out another $3k on metal that I already bought made all of my hesitation go away.

Back