• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convertible Project Making Progress...

chapdog105

Reaction score
Thanks Stu.
Also, my body guy is having a hard time with the hood. I haven't had a chance to investigate? But from the voicemail I received this morning he needs a pic of the hood hinges to see the bolt set up. I think he said something about wanting to know if one is welded??? I'm a little confused...

chapdog105

Reaction score
Okay. I get what my body guy was asking earlier. He wants to know if the 3 bolts that go into the inner fender are inserted into a threated part of the actual inner fender. Or do you have to somehow get a nut in there? I guess my inners are so wasted that he can't tell wjat it looked like originally. He is wondering if he needs to weld a nut to the inner fender where it would mount up. Anyone know or have a pic?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
at the top of the third pic you can see a square nut that's welded in that's the bottom rear hinge. the top and front are these threaded clips. The first pic is for the battery tray but its a better pic as how the clip goes in

chapdog105

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help and pics today Stu and Bob.

I went out to Moparts in Roseville, MI today and picked up some hardware.
I got my fender bolt kit for both fenders, fender braces, new bolts for the braces, new bolts for the hood hinges, and new bolts for my door hinges to freshen them up. I also grabbed a door hinge pin and brass bushing set for my drivers side door.

The problem I was having earlier was mounting the hood hinges to the inner fender. My car only has one threaded nut of the three total holes. Is that normal? Is there a body clip that goes in the blank holes? or do you have to reach through the fender over the tire and put a nut on the bolt?

The problem I was having with the seat belt hole placement was that my body guy accidently welded the floor pans in without punching out the hole for the outer seatbelt. So now the hole is covered with the new floor pan and boxed in. I can see the inside seatbelt hole still, and was wondering if the outer hole is exactly across. If it is, we can line it up and drill. We're just trying to not make a bunch of holes...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
Thanks for all the help and pics today Stu and Bob.

I went out to Moparts in Roseville, MI today and picked up some hardware.
I got my fender bolt kit for both fenders, fender braces, new bolts for the braces, new bolts for the hood hinges, and new bolts for my door hinges to freshen them up. I also grabbed a door hinge pin and brass bushing set for my drivers side door.

The problem I was having earlier was mounting the hood hinges to the inner fender. My car only has one threaded nut of the three total holes. Is that normal? Is there a body clip that goes in the blank holes? or do you have to reach through the fender over the tire and put a nut on the bolt?

The problem I was having with the seat belt hole placement was that my body guy accidently welded the floor pans in without punching out the hole for the outer seatbelt. So now the hole is covered with the new floor pan and boxed in. I can see the inside seatbelt hole still, and was wondering if the outer hole is exactly across. If it is, we can line it up and drill. We're just trying to not make a bunch of holes...
Look at my post on the previous page :lol:

chapdog105

Reaction score
Ah, I see the clips now. Sorry, I've been using the site via my android phone all day and it's tough to see things well.

Are they the same body clips used throughout the rest of the fenders or are they special clips?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
Ah, I see the clips now. Sorry, I've been using the site via my android phone all day and it's tough to see things well.

Are they the same body clips used throughout the rest of the fenders or are they special clips?
I think they are a little longer than the fender clips

Back