• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

convertible trim installation

earlyrides

Reaction score
okay - i got the clips but I dont know what to use to put them on with.
are they held in place by screws of some sort.
Any ideas?

chapdog105

Reaction score
Which trim are you talking about?
The stainless around deck filler panel? If so, they use phillips headed screws that thread into the clips. Use the holes in the panel to line up the clips where you need them.

Dr. Mopar is the convertible expert. I'm sure he'll chime in to help.

earlyrides

Reaction score
Okay.
phiilips head scews.
any idea what size?
10-24?
how long? 1/4", 3/8", 1/2"
what about the cast corner pieces?
same ones?
do they need to be the self starting kind?
i tried some flat/blunt ended 10-24s but the didnt seem to wanna start.

I also tried to fit up my well liner I got from Legendary and it has snaps. there are no snaps that I can see that were ever on my car.
I thought this somhow went into my well liner support piece that is behind the rear seat. it looks like piping might slide into the aluminum but my pre-made well liner doesnt have it?

Any Ideas?

thanks for all of your help.

Convertibles are not easy to figure out if you've never done one and didnt take yours apart.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I had mine off last year I think the corners were a larger screw than the others, the car is not easy to get to right now but I'll see if I can't figure more out if the need is still there.

drmopar

Reaction score
They are a phillips screw with a self tapping feature. They are 3/4 inch long. The pot metal takes a fine thread screw, and likely may not line up with the screw holes in the body. If you do not get those installed, it is not the end of the world as long as you have 90-95% of the phillips head screws in the clips installed in your stainless trim. The well liner snaps into the convertible trim underneath the top area.

Back