• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Converting to automatic transmission

steelhead84

Reaction score
Hello,

My father in law has a 69 Road Runner with a 383 and 4spd trans. He was recently diagnosed with ALS and can no longer drive the Road Runner as a stick. Looking for recommendations and what all is required to convert his manual to an auto. I appreciate it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Have you considered trading cars? You need the trans, flex plate,torque converter, I would put an after market floor shifter in to make it easier. A trans cooler if your radiator doesnt have one. Cooling lines and a pedal to make it look right.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Have you looked into the Hydraulic clutch system? Watched a guy on U tube putting it on a charger. It changes the amount to pressure need to disengage the clutch. Thought of putting one in my car but don't need it right now. Knee is still good enough to work the clutch for now but may need something like this later down the road. Just a thought. Someone had put an automatic in my runner and the clutch pedal was just left free on the floor. Put it back together with the A833 four speed after all that is how the car was built. Good luck on the project. :thumbsup:

Back