• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

correct brake booster and master cylinder for 69 b body

resq302

Reaction score
Can someone help me with a picture of what the correct power brake booster and master cylinder would be for a 69 GTX with power drum brakes?

thanks,

Brian

droptop

Reaction score
Do a google image search for it. It shows the booster and master cylinder for drum and disc brakes. I would post up the pictures for you but am away from computer and this phone isn't smart enough to do that. The power brake master cylinders have the hook that keeps the top on. Drum will be equal size and the disc will be much larger on the rear. I will post some pictures this evening after I get home from work.

69_Plymouth-GTX_2-Door-DV-10-GG_e02.jpg Power disc

17201817-700-0.jpg Power drum

17201817-700-0.jpg

69_Plymouth-GTX_2-Door-DV-10-GG_e02.jpg

Last edited:

resq302

Reaction score
I did a google search and it came up with all kinds of power brake boosters. Not knowing which one of those is correct, I came here. :) We currently have a booster on our car but it is not the correct style I think and it is painted black. No it is not a Bendix disc brake booster ( I Wish!) but I want to change it out as it is sticking its ugly face out at me and is bothering me since it is not correct! Ill try and post a pic of the one on our car soon.

droptop

Reaction score
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the master cylinder. The booster in the red car pictured above is just like the one in my GTX, except it shouldn't be black.

resq302

Reaction score
Ok, now for the million dollar question...... anyone have that type of midland-ross booster that they might want to sell? Needs to be in very good shape for the replating

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
Might have one , the one I tried to use was for power drum ,I need power disc

Back