• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cost of Ownership

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I have a very understanding wife(has to be to stick with me for 48 years) and Im on stomach meds so I don't care to even know what has been spent on 9Mopars.:D

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
It is what you make of it, you can do a lot on a tight budget too. I sold my motorcycle for 9200 a couple of years ago and with that head start I had the motor rebuilt for my ragtop, I repainted the car myself and did some upgrades under the hood, I also bought a c-body parts car, sold some stuff off it, put that motor in the GTX along with some upgrades to the car, and put in a $2800 window in the house too. My household budget is very tight and I have a second job that is kind of off and on. The old engine from the GTX will be cleaned up and put in my coupe as my next project, just need to scare up some starting money. In the end I can go the same places as a $75000 car and I think reliability is a crap shoot on any of them old used parts can fail new, rebuilt, reinstalled parts can be defective made wrong installed wrong. What keeps old stuff alive is new owners and new enthusiasm someone puts 5000 into something they bought sells it at a loss next owner does the same and the car lives on that's how old snowmobiles stay alive.

Back