• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coyote Duster Decal

Bill Monk

Reaction score
Anybody successfully get one of these stickers on a 6 pack air cleaner lid? I destroyed one last night trying to get it on there. I admit that I tried it dry and that was clearly a mistake. Is dish liquid the best way to do this? The angle on the lid where the decal goes is the problem and even wet, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how this thing is going to go on there right.

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
They don't lay down perfect I did get mine down fairly well using windex

DSCN0068.jpg

Last edited:

bjersauto

Reaction score
I just used water and had my wife help out to hold in right place went on well.

Bill Monk

Reaction score
They don't lay down perfect I did get mine down fairly well using water

Yours looks good, my problem is that I'm wanting it on a six pack lid and the depressions are closer to the ends than on the Hemi lid. The 6bbl lid doesn't have enough flat surface for it. Even though it isn't original, I want it on there so I may end up triming off as much of the lower clear part of the decal as I can and slice the bottom in a few places to compensate for the angle.

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
There is the problem. 6bbl didn't use the decal, just the 383 and hemi with the air grabbler

bjersauto

Reaction score
Just find a kid under 10 they are great with stickers and cell phones. Steve

A12

Reaction score
Window cleaner (Windex) has always worked best for me. You can use a little soapy water in a spray bottle too but I like to use window cleaner. You can soak the cr@p out of it too, it will allow you to move it into position then in 10 - 20 minutes if you haven't worked out all of the bubbles take a pin and put pin hole in the stubborn bubbles use a heat gun to evaporate the remaining moisture and smooth out the decal. Put hundreds of motorcycle decals on that way for decades, I know it works.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
When I did mine, I positioned it, taped it in place, then only pulled half of the backing off. Once I had that side smoothed out, I moved on to the other half. Good luck.

A12

Reaction score
But I always thought the coyote duster decal was at the front of the air filter lid? But it's on there and nicely :beep:

A12

Reaction score
Mike - He put it on a 6-BBL. Not intended for that application.

Got it, sorry about that......looks good. Always thought that coyote duster decal was one of the best decals on a car ever......after the Road Runner:beep:

Bill Monk

Reaction score
But I always thought the coyote duster decal was at the front of the air filter lid? But it's on there and nicely :beep:

That's right. I destroyed the first one attempting to get it on the bottom and it just flat won't fit on a 6 bbl lid. Ma Mopar never put this decal on the 6 bbl, just the hemi. If I had an A12 car, I wouldn't have anything on there but I don't and the Coyote Duster is just way too cool not to put it on there!

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yea some kind of soap and water is the way I put decals on use something like Dawn not Ivory liquid. Russ. :beep:

Back