• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CPP disc brake swap

moparchris

Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to share my experience with the CPP (Classic Performance Parts) disc brake conversion. It comes complete with the spindle/cast knuckle and all the necessary brake parts. I also installed a new brake master cylinder and line lock for hellacious burn outs. Overall the build quality is excellent and fit finish is also excellent. Install was a snap and took about 45 minutes of my time. Pics coming next.

moparchris

Reaction score
After removing the wheel and drum/wheel bearings I removed the bolts to the steering arm/ lower ball joint while supporting the lower arm so I wouldn't have to untension the t-bar. Then I removed the nut to the upper ball joint and gave the knuckle a smack with the BFH to release the taper for the ball joint. And then unbolt the brake line.

moparchris

Reaction score
Once removed then the new knuckle goes on in reverse fashion. All new parts makes it nice. As a matter of fact I am thinking of doing this upgrade to my Super Bee. Oh and this kit cost $295 on sale!

moparchris

Reaction score
Okay so next up was the master and line lock. After twisting myself under the dash for 20 minutes I was able to free the master and install the new one from a early 70s B-body from the local parts store. The line lock is from Summit racing along with the install kit.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Once removed then the new knuckle goes on in reverse fashion. All new parts makes it nice. As a matter of fact I am thinking of doing this upgrade to my Super Bee. Oh and this kit cost $295 on sale!

That is a VERY nice package for that price. Aren't those the GM calipers? I wouldn't mention putting those on the Bee over on the LOH Playground if I were you... :basketcase:

:jester:

moparchris

Reaction score
Burnout pics to follow for sure. The calipers look almost identical to my 73 up A body ones on my Swinger. No Gm stuff, bad :wedgie:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, no :wedgie: required...I was just asking... :D
A lot of those lower priced kits use the GM calipers because they're cheap and plentiful. Never occurred to me that you might get the real McCoy for that price... :drive:

Where did you find this set-up for $295? $399 on their website and $349 was the best I saw on their e-bag listing...plus another $40 for the slotted and drilled rotors... :popcorn:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Okay, no :wedgie: required...I was just asking... :D
A lot of those lower priced kits use the GM calipers because they're cheap and plentiful. Never occurred to me that you might get the real McCoy for that price... :drive:

Where did you find this set-up for $295? $399 on their website and $349 was the best I saw on their e-bag listing...plus another $40 for the slotted and drilled rotors... :popcorn:

They are a few miles from my shop and Terry (the owner of the car) and I went over and shot the poo with the guys over there and they were running a sale. He said that he would hook me up next time as well and he didn't charge Terry for the drill and slot. I bet if I went over there and pitched a group buy I bet we could get a good deal. I could even ship it out for you guys. Whos in?

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
They are a few miles from my shop and Terry (the owner of the car) and I went over and shot the poo with the guys over there and they were running a sale. He said that he would hook me up next time as well and he didn't charge Terry for the drill and slot. I bet if I went over there and pitched a group buy I bet we could get a good deal. I could even ship it out for you guys. Whos in?

If the drilled & slotted rotors are part of the package at that price I'm definitely in. Maybe even for two sets. :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

If the drilled & slotted rotors are part of the package at that price I'm definitely in. Maybe even for two sets. :thumbsup:
:eek:rly: Do you need two, or is this to do with your problem :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
:eek:rly: Do you need two, or is this to do with your problem :lol:

Perhaps I was thinking about maybe putting one on the shelf for some "not yet identified" need that might come along... :leave:

:jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

me too

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
The only factory disk set-up requiring a 15" wheel is the one with the 11.75" rotor. These would not require the use of 15" wheels as rotor diameter is 11".

moparchris

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't think I would get that kind of response. I will try to get over there this week. I will let you know.

Back