• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cragar S/S Selection

zupanj

Reaction score
Don't knock the Blue Oval. I think Ford and Moper go together pretty well. I have had both quite happily. Now Brand X on ther other hand is and was pretty much garbage not to mention common as dirt.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
not knocking the Blue Ovals....just a certian owner(gotta keep'm in hte saddle just a while longer.) :acme: :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
zupanj said:
Don't knock the Blue Oval. I think Ford and Moper go together pretty well. I have had both quite happily. Now Brand X on ther other hand is and was pretty much garbage not to mention common as dirt.

If one were being completely fair and unbiased then the only conclusion that can be drawn is that over the years they have all given us their fair share of good product and crap product. While I really like the new Mustangs that we have, the '96 that we used to have was a total POS.

As for GM, the current LS series of engines that GM produces are nothing short of stellar performers - mess with a LS9 or LSA powered late model GM and unless you really have your sh*t together you're gonna get your a$$ handed to you. And have you seen some of the LS crate engines offered for sale in the car mags? Huge horsepower dirt cheap.

At the end of the day I'm a modern day Blue Oval fan simply because they did not become part of obamamotors and because those Coyote engines are bad to the bone. :D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
zupanj said:

If one were being completely fair and unbiased then the only conclusion that can be drawn is that over the years they have all given us their fair share of good product and crap product. While I really like the new Mustangs that we have, the '96 that we used to have was a total POS.

As for GM, the current LS series of engines that GM produces are nothing short of stellar performers - mess with a LS9 or LSA powered late model GM and unless you really have your sh*t together you're gonna get your a$$ handed to you. And have you seen some of the LS crate engines offered for sale in the car mags? Huge horsepower dirt cheap.

At the end of the day I'm a modern day Blue Oval fan simply because they did not become part of obamamotors and because those Coyote engines are bad to the bone. :D
I have to stay true blue mopar, have you driven a Fiat lately :jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
excatlyRay. when I was in school, I had ti have a Starsky&Hutch Torino. Found a Torino in the Pittsburgh paper for $350. The guy had changed it over to a four speed which was a deal clincher for me. We had to tow it home cause the car wouldn't start. Dad got it running the next day, was just out of time. Body and interiot were good, but mechanically it was a lemon. Biggest POS I ever owned,but I did learn alot. And in the late '90s I had an '85 Power Wagon that was every bit a POS as the Toronio. The few GMs I've owned were good cars.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ok enough already, you guys have pounded Ray about the Ferds long enough, it's starting to affect me now. Its not like he bought a ZL1 Camaro or something :basketcase:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Basketcase said:
straight axel camaro now?
:basketcase: I can't afford anything new, we are still saving up for indoor plumbing :jester:

Dave, I've seen the "shanty" that our resident retired Phone Cop lives in... I just want to know where can I sign up to become so destitute...???!!! :basketcase:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
Basketcase said:
straight axel camaro now?
:basketcase: I can't afford anything new, we are still saving up for indoor plumbing :jester:

Dave, I've seen the "shanty" that our resident retired Phone Cop lives in... I just want to know where can I sign up to become so destitute...???!!! :basketcase:

:jester:
Its not bad for a lean to. I had to get another sheet of plywood and a mattress from Goodwill for when Mr. & Mrs. Acme visited :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
just take a trip to Ohio State next month. when we moved our daughter in 6 years ago,I couldn't believe all the furnature,mattress, tables, and just about anyting you wanted on the street, dumpsters....

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
just take a trip to Ohio State next month. when we moved our daughter in 6 years ago,I couldn't believe all the furnature,mattress, tables, and just about anyting you wanted on the street, dumpsters....

I have a friend that worked in the maintenance department at Ithaca College (across town from Cornell) and part of his job was making sure the dorms got cleaned out. He always looked forward to it because he would make some extra cash on ebay with the stuff left behind.

Back