• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

curse of the black spots

stevo

Reaction score
any theories why i have black oil spots?
and yes i wash my face lol
black spot.jpg

thanks again!

black spot.jpg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I've seen those on my engine also, That's when I start checking the bolts on the valve covers. For some reason on my car they loosen up from time to time. And then I find at least half of the bolts need tightening. I've had that problem with the oil, and trans pans also. Never understood why they like to loosen up.

stevo

Reaction score
I think the cheep oil breather i am using my be throwing mist into the engine compartment.
As soon as I replace it I might have my answer.
but any insight is always welcome.

droptop

Reaction score
Also replace your pcv valve. If that and the new breather doesn't help, do a compression leak down test. An excessive amount of blow by will over pressurize the crankcase.

Coyote

Reaction score
QUOTE=droptop;153527]Also replace your pcv valve. If that and the new breather doesn't help, do a compression leak down test. An excessive amount of blow by will over pressurize the crankcase.[/QUOTE]
:yeathat:

Back