• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daddy...tell me again who won the war....

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
We all know that Hiroshima was destroyed when the A Bomb was dropped, and the people suffered greatly afterwards.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
but 65 years later, how is Hiroshima doing?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
In contrast, how is detroit doing 65 years after we wipped Japan?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
why the difference? Japan doesn't have Welfare, and doesn't allow illegeal aliens.

jays69bird

Reaction score
Funny thing I'm a Tigers fan,( I know) but about 18 years ago when they first rumbled about tearing down Tiger Stadium I thought a road trip to catch a game was in order.The wife and kids packed in the ole Plymouth Acclaim we drove through Ontario and crossed over the river into Detroit,now I hadn't been since I was a kid but I was sure we had to turn left to go up Michigan Ave. but the wife was navigating and insisted it was right,well I went on her say so,BIG MISTAKE! We go into a section of town that looked just like the pictures I've seen of Berlin after WWII,basically burned out shells.Well I had two small kids in the car I wasn't heeled,so I did a illegal U turn,( got screamed at by a bus driver for that one) and beat it out of there.Later in Dearborn at the motel I asked about that section of town,turns out that is were the riots were in 67,now this is 93 and it still hadn't been rebuilt.Sad to see the city were Alfred Sloan,Henry Ford and Walter P Chrysler built the US auto industry in that state. :facepalm:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
very sad ....all this foreign trade,cars,everything put us in this shape along with no jobs
And it's obvious that the powers that be don't give a damn about it.

Back