• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dana 60 Question

w8kbrder

Reaction score
Somewhere in the murky past, a previous owner put a Dana 60 axle in my road runner. From what I understand, the axle was from a '69 Hemi Roadrunner. How difficult is it to find an axle like this? Just curious as it was the only thing that was changed from the original equipment that came with the car.

w8kbrder

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
:jester: :jester: its not worth anything just give it to me i'll gladly find you and 8 3/4 to put in its place :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

I'll trade it for the superbird straight up. :)

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
There are a few around and they tend to be pricey so most people get one from a truck and change them around to fit. I see them for $700-$1200 depending on condition and what is in them

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
w8kbrder said:
moparstuart said:
:jester: :jester: its not worth anything just give it to me i'll gladly find you and 8 3/4 to put in its place :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

I'll trade it for the superbird straight up. :)

:basketcase:

w8kbrder

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
There are a few around and they tend to be pricey so most people get one from a truck and change them around to fit. I see them for $700-$1200 depending on condition and what is in them

Thanks! I was just curious. I believe it has the 3.55 gears in it but I could be wrong. Guess there is no way of knowing unless I pulled it out.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The nice thing about a dana is you just pop the rear cover off to look. The bad part is setting gears up are done in the housing not a cenert section.

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
w8kbrder said:
69hemibeep said:

Thanks! I was just curious. I believe it has the 3.55 gears in it but I could be wrong. Guess there is no way of knowing unless I pulled it out.
You can tell by spinning the wheel one rotation and counting how many times the drive shaft spins.

w8kbrder

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
w8kbrder said:
69hemibeep said:

You can tell by spinning the wheel one rotation and counting how many times the drive shaft spins.

So how many spins of the drive shaft equals what? How many times should the drive shaft spin for 3.55 gears?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
w8kbrder said:
So how many spins of the drive shaft equals what? How many times should the drive shaft spin for 3.55 gears?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Big John said:
w8kbrder said:

if its a DANA it would be 3.54 :jester: :jester: :jester:

Well.... a Dana front axle could be a 3.55.... But I just answer the questions as they get asked,

dutchrunner

Reaction score
And how about the multiple companies that suppy aftermarket axles.
Strange , Currie ect.

You can have the custom set-up an axle for something like 1800$ and any gear you like.
No fuzz with settingup the gears and all is new and fresh.

Back