• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dana 60 Rear Axle Seals Replacement

OneWingDown

Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking for a little help with replacing my rear brake backing plates.

Specs:
69 roadrunner Dana 60 rear end.
5x4.5 bolt pattern
11"x2.5" brakes
Both wheels turn the same direction when up on jacks (I think that might mean something).

Synopsis:
The rear brakes did not have any of the parking brake parts (just shoes, cylinder, springs, and adjuster) when I bought the vehicle. I just picked up a couple brake drum kits that includes everything from the backing plate outward (All new[or refab] parts). I know I have to pull the axles to get the new backing plates on, but I do not remember all the steps. I have done this before, but its been a while since I last replaced the rear seals. I am looking for an auto manual as I type.

Question:
If its not too much trouble - Can someone run me through the steps in replacing the rear axle seals.
Or point me to a good thread, video, or online tutorial.

Thanks,
OWD

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
have you tried our refrence section? all the factory manuals are there.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
As suggested above use the on line service manual, just to many steps to explain but we can help if you have any problems.

OneWingDown

Reaction score
Thanks, I had not looked there. That should have been my first step. Thanks.
It looks fairly simple like I remembered it to be.
Thanks,
OWD

Back