• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash Harness Question

Rocket

Reaction score
I have two questions regarding the dash harness in my 1969 RR and the one I'd like to swap from my 1968 satellite. First the facts:

The '69 dash harness:
Pros - I did complete the amp gauge bypass on this car.
Cons - It is missing the ring for wiring the gauge cluster, I had to crimp the wires on the cluster individually with mediocre results.

The '68 dash harness
Pros - appears to be in near perfect condition.
Cons - It is a 1968 Satellite harness which may not work well with my 1969 RR.

Question #1 Is it worth making the switch? If not, can I just uses the cluster "ring" from the '68?

Question #2 If the '68 harness is worth using how difficult is it to remove without removing the dash (windshield). I really want to make this Satellite worth while for someone else (I have taken my time removing parts that I need and have been very respectful of the next owner).

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I used the dash harness from a '68 Coronet in my last '69, and it worked fine. If you don't want to pull the dash apart...pull the seat out, and do the swap from underneath. This would be sooo much easier if they had put the Rally dash in the road runners.Main thing about swapping the harness is to be very gentle when pulling the round connecter, those pins break easy.

Rocket

Reaction score
It took me about 1 ½ hours. It appears the fusebox and the ignition switch are the only differences I have noticed.

I am in love with this Satellite! I thought I had the correct bench seat in my RR but I didn't. The Satellite's looks correct(ish) and it is in much better shape. I have learned a lot about how my RR should be from this car. I found a couple rust holes in the floor and it makes me feel a little better about taking parts off it.

Last edited:

Kids first car

Reaction score
when your done if you have any parts left over let me know , have a 68 sati that the kid and i are building and am always looking for parts , GL on pulling your harness

Back