• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dash instrument lights

dmartin

Reaction score
i do not have any dash instrument lights, no turn signal indicators,high beam indicator or emergency brake indicator

quikbird

Reaction score
Ok, step one check the fuses and make sure they are all good, then start looking for a loose power connection at the back of the dash, this can be very hard to see. Do you remember any burnt wire smells at all? Do the gauges work? Check the connection to the steering column, make sure it is tight. That ought to get you started. If that doesn't work, I'm sure we can eventually find the bad connection.

Ranger

Reaction score
What is the cars recent history?
Did you own it for a while and this just happened or did you just purchase it this way?

dmartin

Reaction score
I've done a complete resto on the bird, just trying to get it road worthy

dmartin

Reaction score
what connection to steering column do you have a pic of it

quikbird

Reaction score
There is a connector on the wiring harness that comes out of the steering column. It has all the turn blinkers, horn etc in it. If it has come loose all that stuff won't work. This is kind of a long shot but it is fairly easy to check versus a problem with the dash cluster connector or the acetate circuit board both of which are behind the dash and tough to check

clazar2121

Reaction score
If the guages don't work, then i'd check the connector to the cluster board. If checking that, a small hand can feel your way to see if it's loose. If the guages work, try the bulk head connector in the engine bay & the turn signal harness under the steerling column. Along with ground wires, it's just a process of elimination.

Chuck

dmartin

Reaction score
If the guages don't work, then i'd check the connector to the cluster board. If checking that, a small hand can feel your way to see if it's loose. If the guages work, try the bulk head connector in the engine bay & the turn signal harness under the steerling column. Along with ground wires, it's just a process of elimination.

Chuck

Thanks

dmartin

Reaction score
There is a connector on the wiring harness that comes out of the steering column. It has all the turn blinkers, horn etc in it. If it has come loose all that stuff won't work. This is kind of a long shot but it is fairly easy to check versus a problem with the dash cluster connector or the acetate circuit board both of which are behind the dash and tough to check

Thanks

Back