• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash "REVERSE" lamp

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
Hey folks , did any of these come on vehicles prior to 1968 and also is the pigtail/lamp socket available anywhere?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Dan I got lucky mine worked. It did not look all that good so just cleaned it up the best I could. Good luck buddy. Josh mopart's might have them. Got my stainless steel tip's a little cheaper than classic and others.

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
My 69 will be converted over to 4 speed, the lamp assembly I have, the bulb socket and wiring I dont

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
When I took mine apart to clean it. The wire is solider to the bulb its self. No socket. Ground to the big nut That hold's it to the dash. Don't think they wanted us to replace the bulb with buying the hole part.

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
68 was the 1st year for the reverse light on the dash, my 67 dart doesnt have, but it will by the time I'm done with it

nevada dan

Reaction score
I have a 68, no reverse lamp on lower dash , my first car was a 69 it had the reverse lamp, I just looked at the factory wiring diagrams for 68, 69, it shows it on the 69 but not the 68 , I've thought about putting one my 68 on myself , I like them but the 68 didn't have one

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
Interesting,, wonder if it was early year build, was it originally a 4 speed? Some of the experts will chime in, I've owned my 68 since may of 1982, I'm the 2nd owner, it is a local car

nevada dan

Reaction score
I think mine was july 68 , original 4 speed ,late enough to get the hurst shifter instead of the inland

nevada dan

Reaction score
can you look and see where you get the power for the light from, I might put the lamp in mine and it would help,

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Went to an old post here and think it was Z on the bulk head connector. Do you have back up lights on the bumper. The old post showed what wires hooked where.

nevada dan

Reaction score
z on the bulkhead on our 68's goes to the headlamp, marker lamp harness , c and d on the bulkhead are for our reverse lights , z on the 69 appears to be blank, I was wondering if yours had something closer to tap into instead of running clear up to the bulkhead but I can do that

Back