• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decoding fender tag, strange codes

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I was working on the car tonight and I remembered I had a Red Book on the shelf so I looked up the car. Some of the stuff was the usual, post car, paint codes, E63 for the engine, D21 for the stick, etc.

The car has decor package interior and that decoded normally as well. There are however three codes that male no sense, I even looked in 68 as they are three digit codes like they were in 68 and this is an early build car (no headrests) these are on the second line from the top-

925 593 603

Bottom line has A09, which isn't listed in the book. Maybe the fender turn signals/light group????

The very top line has 01112 142893 9A142707

that last part is part of the vin so nothing strange about that but what are those first two numbers?

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Also, I went to Dupont oday and they put the machine on it, the color is (gulp) Ford Performance White.

Probably the only way this color could look good or go fast is on a Mopar. :jester:

I would paint it back this again without a doubt. The color really does look great since it is so bright. It even looks bright with 5 years of dust still on it. Which is kinda nice since cleaning cars is something I detest in every way.

CWR

Reaction score
I checked my "Charger, Roadrunner & Super Bee Restoration Guide " and all i see for A09 and I believe that the 0 is a zero.............is Conceal headlamps. This is in the 1969-1971 Option codes. Doesn't make a lot of sense either. The bottom line on mine is E63 D32 nd VIN Code. Not sure if this helps!!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
I was working on the car tonight and I remembered I had a Red Book on the shelf so I looked up the car. Some of the stuff was the usual, post car, paint codes, E63 for the engine, D21 for the stick, etc.

The car has decor package interior and that decoded normally as well. There are however three codes that male no sense, I even looked in 68 as they are three digit codes like they were in 68 and this is an early build car (no headrests) these are on the second line from the top-

925 593 603

Bottom line has A09, which isn't listed in the book. Maybe the fender turn signals/light group????

The very top line has 01112 142893 9A142707

that last part is part of the vin so nothing strange about that but what are those first two numbers?

The first three numbers are all production related:
01112 = the 2 digit gate number and the 3 digit base number
142893 = the 6 digit line sequence number
9A142707 = 1969, Lynch Road, and your serial number

925 = 4-speed
593 = ??? (93 is Hemi-Automatic - no idea what 593 is...)
603 = Hemi 4-speed

No idea what A09 is...

Damned Lynch Road cars...their tags are different from everyone else's...and they usually have the least amount of info so I don't know how that "A09" snuck in there... Back to the "603" - Does your car somehow have an 18-spline tranny?

:jester:
Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I agree A01= light group. A09 hide away head lightes? Thats a rare bird :jester:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Looks like those 3 three digit numbers are driveline codes.

Looks like a Lynch Road tag is like having a 999 paint code, except this applies to everything on the car.

I wonder how many cars came off that line with upgraded stuff just because it was what happen to be sitting next to the assembly line?

6t9runner440

Reaction score
while were on the topic and i don't mean to hijack any thread my car came with an H55 code that i have never been able to figure out what it is...nowhere in any option codes have i seen it....the only thing i was thinking is maybe it was the heater on the lower hose the car came with...it was built in st.louis and it either came with this heater from the factory or the dealer...the car was sold new in minnesota, so a lower hose block heater would make sense

CWR

Reaction score
also to the topic of strange codes .............on my engine block pad,bottom line
says BORE 030 . Now I havent seen that in my research but a buudy says that occassionally a line worker in the doundry would bore one out because he was a "race guy" Does that make any sense?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
CWR said:
also to the topic of strange codes .............on my engine block pad,bottom line
says BORE 030 . Now I havent seen that in my research but a buudy says that occassionally a line worker in the doundry would bore one out because he was a "race guy" Does that make any sense?

I've had .020 oversize blocks before. Really what it is a factory screw up. The block was bored/honed too large for the pistons and the block was saved from being scrapped. They also did oversize lifter bores with some blocks.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
From our Reference Section, TSB 69-25-01
69-25-01_page6.jpg
69-25-01_page7.jpg

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:

First time I've seen that - not that I've spent a lot of time looking at Lynch Road build dates mind you - as my car and all other A12s just have a numerical build date, i.e. 329 or 426, so I just assumed that all LR cars were the same way...WRONG! :lol:

Ray

6t9runner440

Reaction score
If the car was built in either october, november or december it will have a letter on the build date...
A = october
B = november
C = december

I saw the A first posted and immeditaly thoght of light codes :lol:

jays69bird

Reaction score
I remember when I first decoded mine years ago I couldn't figure out what V7X was,I finally got it black accent stripes. Took me a while to even find a picture of them to see what they were.Ah those were the days doing your own detective work, now you can just send out and have someone like Galen Govier decode it,

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
jays69bird said:
I remember when I first decoded mine years ago I couldn't figure out what V7X was,I finally got it black accent stripes. Took me a while to even find a picture of them to see what they were.Ah those were the days doing your own detective work, now you can just send out and have someone like Galen Govier decode it,

Heck, you don't even have to bring GG into the fray anymore...just hit an enthusiast's website like this (mymopar.com acutally has a decoder...) and in a couple of minutes you're done...

Back