• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

defrost vents

dbc105

Reaction score
anyone know the difference between the B Body defrost vents and ones for a '70 Dart? bigger, smaller?

Thanks,
David

dbc105

Reaction score
LOL, good answer. There is a Dart at Pull A Part in B'ham and I plan to be around there in a couple of weeks. if I can make them work I am going to swing by and get them.

David

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
The B-Body ones have 4 mounting speednuts I believe, the ABody ones have three -I think.
I almost bought the wrong ones at Carlisle one year because they look so similar.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
The B-Body ones have 4 mounting speednuts I believe, the ABody ones have three

Exactly correct. The B-Body units are a little more "square" also. The A-Body units are a bit more triangle shaped - hence the one mounting stud on one side.

ACME

dbc105

Reaction score
there is a set for a Dart on FleaBay right now for about $11 + shipping. $69 + shipping for these things sound kinda high when you can find new ones for a Chevy Pickup for $15. anybody have a good lead on these?

DC

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
I'm sure you want something sooner, but Carlisle comes to mind. This would be on my list for a swap meet.
Although, who knows how much $ someone would want for 'em at Carlisle...... :eek:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
I'm sure you want something sooner, but Carlisle comes to mind. This would be on my list for a swap meet.
Although, who knows how much $ someone would want for 'em at Carlisle...... :eek:

You just never know what you might score at a venue like Carlisle...and for how much. Two years ago I scored a NOS Defroster Vent (A-Body), a NOS Plymouth Hood Emblem (used on many models), and a NOS '70 Valiant side badge ('70 Duster 340 cars were still Valiants) - all for $45 in PERFECT condition. The guy had just purchased a school bus filled with old NOS parts (some dealership had moved their old parts into it at some point rather than just throwing them out or trying to sell them) and chose Carlisle as the venue to unload everything. I don't think he knew too much about emblems as I would have paid twice or more than that just for the Valiant emblem; nobody repops them and they are impossible to find without UV degradation. He was asking $20 a piece and I bundled them for a better deal. Considering what I would have been willing to pay for that Valiant emblem, I got the defroster vent and Plymouth emblem for free as far as I am concerned... :banana:

:jester:
ACME

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and The Nats as well. for every over charged pos car or part, I've gotten or seen really good deals.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Carlisle shows! And, I have found a deal or two myself. Just don't expect a deal on an NOS part from any vendor under a big tent....... :loco:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Just don't expect a deal on an NOS part from any vendor under a big tent....... :loco:

You got that right - the deals are found out in the public areas of the swap meet...

Back