did the mirror thing

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
the mirrors....yeah i have 2.....where flapping in the breeze and got fed up and tried the heat gun trick.....was really tight getting something in there .....used a tappet feeler gauge.....heated mirror..... slipped gauge in there....worked glue loose....was a piece of cake.....thanks for that idea....since i am so old....i forgot who came up with that idea :worship: :worship:

mac

What ?
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
the mirrors....yeah i have 2.....where flapping in the breeze and got fed up and tried the heat gun trick.....was really tight getting something in there .....used a tappet feeler gauge.....heated mirror..... slipped gauge in there....worked glue loose....was a piece of cake.....thanks for that idea....since i am so old....i forgot who came up with that idea :worship: :worship:

you are welcome :thumbsup:

A12

Reaction score
I'm thinking since you're talking two mirrors you are talking about the outside mirrors? If so can you explain the exact procedure.....paleeeeezeee :D

only because I have a left outside mirror that has a really nice housing assembly but the mirror has a really nasty scratch......and of course I have a really nice mirror in a really nasty housing.....you can pretty much figure out where this is going :D :D

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
A12 said:
I'm thinking since you're talking two mirrors you are talking about the outside mirrors? If so can you explain the exact procedure.....paleeeeezeee :D

only because I have a left outside mirror that has a really nice housing assembly but the mirror has a really nasty scratch......and of course I have a really nice mirror in a really nasty housing.....you can pretty much figure out where this is going :D :D

WHEN I DID IT WITH THAT FEELER GAUGE THE 4 SPOTS OF GLUE STAYED WITH THE HOUSING....I DID WHAT MAC SAID EXCEPT I HEATED THE GLUE SPOTS AND RESET THE MIRROR....THAT WAS OVER A WEEK AGO.....YES OUTSIDE MIRROR

Back