• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Distributor advance springs

Terry Hauck

Choadicus
Reaction score
Hello. I am building a 440 for my 69 Roadrunner. It is a motorhome engine and it came with an extra forged steel crank. It has that crank, a 509 cam and about 10.1 comp. I have the electronic ignition that came with it in 76. Took it apart to clean and lube. It has two different springs. What do you guys suggest?? Thanks

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If you have access to a distributor machine you could see what the curve is vs what you want. Or do it on the motor watching a tach and timing light to see what rpm its fully advanced, kind of an estimate.

halifaxhops

Reaction score
I can do it. 100% needs to be curved to your engine. Motor homes are tourk usually and a smog motor. PM me.

Terry Hauck

Choadicus
Reaction score
Got a set of springs from Halifaxhops according to the numbers on my distributor and my engine specs. So far it runs strong. He knows his stuff.

torredcuda

Reaction score
I had to change one spring on my MP distributor to a heavier one as my advance was starting to coming in at idle.

Back