• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do I have factory power steering or conversion?

Bird Man Of AZ

Reaction score
I'm in need of a new steering gear box. It definitely is power steering, but I can't tell if I need to replace a factory power steering box or a P/S conversion box.

I got out my production broadcast sheet to see what my bird originally came with. Does the absence of any numbers in the check box mean that it came with manual steering?

IMG_0352.JPG

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Yes. Unless it was in some sort of package. But I would say it was manual steering

Bird Man Of AZ

Reaction score
Does anyone here have factory power steering along with a broadcast sheet that has the P/S box checked off?

Is there any way of telling if it's factory P/S or a P/S conversion box?

MoparDan

Reaction score
I remember reading that all big blocks had power steering, but power brakes were optional. Does anyone here have manual steering BB? I would look at the stampings on the box. If it has Mopar stampings what would it matter? If it is an after market box then you may have an issue.

torredcuda

Reaction score
My car has power steering in it but all I have is the fender tag, no build sheet so not sure what it came with.

Back