• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

doctordodge Intro

doctordodge

Reaction score
Hello; My name is John and I am a Birdoholic. I have 2 roadrunners and a Satellite 4 door drag car. A '70 six barrel rag and a '68 Petty Blue 383 4 sp3eed post car. Yeah a real 999 paint code. Really? 250 characters?......................................................................................................................................................................

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome from Ohio. pics or it didn't happen......

doctordodge

Reaction score
I brought back the '68 from just south of Miami last spring. I painted my '68 Satellite that colour back in the 80's but have always wanted a real one. It took me 40 years to find this one. I'm very surprised that none of you guys snatched it up. First time I drove it I pranged it into my house. Did in the hood and drivers fender. Found a hood but a good used fender has been elusive. Anyone have any experience with AMD stuff? They are offering free shipping right now and I may pull the trigger on one if I get a good response on them. Does anyone know anything about the 999 paint code cars? From what I understand there were ten built in Petty Blue and they all went to Petty Enterprises. We stopped in to the Petty garage in Randleman NC. but none of the old guys were there. This would be a great fact to verify. My '70 V code rag top has been sitting on a rotisserie for some time now while some other projects are getting done. I would love to find a clean factory fender for the left side of my '68. I will post pics when I learn more about your site and how to do it.

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
I brought back the '68 from just south of Miami last spring. I painted my '68 Satellite that colour back in the 80's but have always wanted a real one. It took me 40 years to find this one. I'm very surprised that none of you guys snatched it up. First time I drove it I pranged it into my house. Did in the hood and drivers fender. Found a hood but a good used fender has been elusive. Anyone have any experience with AMD stuff? They are offering free shipping right now and I may pull the trigger on one if I get a good response on them. Does anyone know anything about the 999 paint code cars? From what I understand there were ten built in Petty Blue and they all went to Petty Enterprises. We stopped in to the Petty garage in Randleman NC. but none of the old guys were there. This would be a great fact to verify. My '70 V code rag top has been sitting on a rotisserie for some time now while some other projects are getting done. I would love to find a clean factory fender for the left side of my '68. I will post pics when I learn more about your site and how to do it.

I think that you'll find the general consensus to be that AMD replacement panels are the best you'll find for a Mopar. I bought a lot of sheetmetal from them for our '68 Charger and (although not perfect) the parts were good. One thing that I did notice about the front fenders we bought was that some of the body lines weren't quite as 'crisp' as the factory had.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah all the repo stuff is imported, but AMD is about the best.The only issues I've heard about AMD is with the Charger stuff for some reason, the rest of the B Body stuff seems fine, but there may be some tweeking. Jeff at 521 Restorations handels it, and he saved me a bunch of cash. Love that '68 (even if it's blue :jester:) Post up some more pics when you can.

Back