• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don99Pablo Intro

Don99Pablo

Reaction score
I grew up in a Mopar family. My uncle had a Sublime Green Superbird with a 440-6 Pack. My dad had a 1966 Satellite that we restored together, but he had to sell it recently due to having cancer. I wasn't able to buy it at the time and the current owner doesn't want to sell it yet. We used to go to the Nats and Carlisyle. I have a family of my own now and am looking to introduce my 5 year old son to the world of Mopars. The Road Runner was always one of my favorite. Since I wasn't able to buy back my dads car, I am looking to buy one to restore with my son and share the experience with. It's been about 10 years since I have been active in classic cars and Mopars. Looking to reconnect and enjoying them again.

Last edited:

Don99Pablo

Reaction score
Thanks guys! It is neat to see Roadrunner fans from all over. France and the UK, awesome! I am really looking forward to starting a project.

I come from a large Mopar family. My cousin has a 1972 Plum Crazy Purple Challenger. Her dad restored it after he sold his Superbird. He is restoring his wife a 1970 Convertible Challenger currently. He also ran the Revived Performance Mopar Club (Charlotte Chapter) for years. My other cousin is restoring a 1973 Matching Number 340 Cuda. Another uncle had a matching numbers 1971 340 Dart Swinger (he sold it for Harley Road King and Fat Boy, Boo! But does have a 1956 Dodge Pick Up he has been toying with restoring.) Another uncle has a 1968 Charger 500 and a 1971 Duster Twister with the canvas pull back top that he is restoring, along with several Fury wagons.

I was pretty much raised a Mopar kid. It was the thing that brought my family together. Over the years, and several family members’ battles with Cancer, including my dad, things slowed down or stopped all together. It has been many years since we all went to a show (Carlisle was our main show). When we all went, we always made it a big deal and it was a blast. We always had a full area with a tent and would grill out and just have fun enjoying all of the Mopars.

A few months ago, all of the cousins were recently talking and it just came up about how much we missed it and how much fun we had. We all have kids now of our own, ages 5 to 15, and decided it would be fun to get together and go to a show again. We are going to the Charlotte show in the fall and have set everything up for all of the uncles to get back together and come. I know over the years the fun times we had and am looking forward to passing that along to my son.

I am looking to catch up on my knowledge, ask advice, and help along the way. I have done a lot of contemplating on what I would want to try to restore, and I really do like the 1966-67 Belvedere/Satellite/GTX like my dad had but, my favorite is the 1968-69 Roadrunner/GTX. I had an opportunity to buy one restored in 1998 but didn't, and always regretted it.

I could buy a completed one, but there is just something about the feeling of building one, hunting for the right parts, and the knowing that you have saved it from ruin. (I still have pictures, back when we were real young, of me, my younger brother, and my cousins, at the Capital with pickets protesting the clunker law passed by Bill Clinton back in the early 90's.)

I am just hoping to connect meet some cool people on here and work on building my dream Roadrunner.

Thanks guys!

Coyote

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Keep looking, the right car will adopt you/wait for the one you want!

moparchris

Reaction score
Welcome, its all about the camaraderie. Its cool that you came from a Mopar family. I hope your Dad does well with his cancer treatment and can enjoy the Mopars in the future. I also hope that you get the oppotunity to buy back your dads car someday.

Don99Pablo

Reaction score
Moparchris, Fortunately my dad is cancer free now. He had to have surgery to have part of his liver removed and several masses removed as well. This was about a 9 months ago. He is doing well, but still moving slow. Surgery took a toll on him, but it beats the alternative.

The guy who has my dad's car is a real nice older gentleman who is a retired farmer. I've spoken with him at length about mopar's and the history of the car. He has all my information and said that when he is ready to sell it he would give me the first opportunity. He just retired and wants to enjoy it, so I have a feeling it will be many years down the road, so I am looking for a 68/69 (preferably 69) Road Runner project car to restore with my son. Found a few, but none really worth pulling the trigger on yet.

Back