• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Glass

TOMRR

Reaction score
My door windows roll up really hard in my 69 RR . all new components and have adjusted and adjusted, but roll up harder then I think they should. Is it just a matter of wearing in ??

thanks Tom C.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Did you lube all the moving parts? I like plumbers grease. If its a hardtop the adjustment against the back glass might be to tight .

TOMRR

Reaction score
Yes all were well cleaned and lube and it is a hardtop with back windows down it is hard. should any thing be put in the slide s??

TOMRR

Reaction score
The are the same open and closed !!!

droptop

Reaction score
Did you put new "T" and slides in? If so you need to file down the T's. The new ones are to wide. I fought this problem for hours on the A12 clone. Took it back apart and filed them down a little, and worked great.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
thanks for the tip Harold, I need to replace mine. where did you get yours?

TOMRR

Reaction score
Yes I did but that means taking out the vent windows and they are a PITA , Will live with for now and revisit in the winter
Thank You for the advice !!

Back