• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drip Molding Removal

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Let's get the show on the road here!

I had to take the drip molding off the Roadrunner and quite honestly, I was really worried about screwing it up. I found this tip in Larry Lyles' "Project Charger" restoration book. Its a great book with lots of good B-Body tips althoughm I don't agree with the gluing on of patch panels, but that's a subject for another discussion.

First, you'll need a hammer (I prefer a plastic face Stanley) and a door panel trim remover.

2008_0910Stuff0002.jpg

You put the tip of the remover up against the bottom edge of the molding.

2008_0910Stuff0004.jpg

And smack it with the hammer.

2008_0910Stuff0007.jpg

With a little patience, you work your way along the molding, hitting the remover about every inch or so. You may have to go over it a couple times to get it off, but if you take your time and do it right, the molding is off the car in short order. The first side took me about 30 minutes and the second was done in less then 10.

BTW, I took the second pic by myself, holding the camera in my mouth and pushing the timer button..

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Yea.. I should have read the windshield chapter too...

I got really serious with the car. We've painted it twice since I've owned it, once about 1981 and once in 1992. It really needed to go down to bare metal and since the bottoms of the quarters had been patched way back when, they really needed to be addressed. With the new AMD quarter panels looking better then the NOS and used junk (if you can find them) I decided to go all the way with it.

2008_0811Stuff0005.jpg

I need to take some new pics, but right now, its about 2-3 hours of work away from being up on the rotisserie.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
My body guy came over with a special tool, a bottle opener with a rag so not to scratch the rail! :lmao:

Blown R/T

Reaction score
there is a guy on moparts in hot new deals section, he is looking to make a volume buy from AMD. he said there would be a good discount. I wish I was looking right now.
Kevin

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
So its been a long time since the removal, how about a post in the install?

dmartin

Reaction score
Yea my body man said to put blue masking tape on the drip rail and use a old bottle opener the flat part not the pointed part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmartin

Reaction score
Tom do you know which way the blower cage for heater is supposed to turn don't know if my cage is on backwards or not, looking at it with cover off mine turns counterclockwise is that right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back