• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drip rail

jt4406

Reaction score
Do any of you guys have a B body that was built without the driprail chrome? How is the ws post drip rail connected to top drip reail? Pics?

jt4406

Reaction score
1969, it's a Super Bee post car, I asked but nobody over at FBBO has one, (I guess, got no replies).

droptop

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, all 69 b bodies had the stainless trim covering the drip rails. There are 4 pieces for each side. They are available as reproductions. I have heard they fit good as long as you don’t have a vinyl top.

447216E9-16B6-4ECA-9F65-0BBE4B2E6C7C.jpeg

jt4406

Reaction score
"all 69 b bodies had the stainless trim covering the drip rails"

I thought that too, but am not well versed on b bodies. I do have a 69 Bee with some strange drip rail modifications, and, as far as I can tell so far, no hole at the back where the screw would have been to hold that little curved end piece at the back window. Also, the drip rail extends down UNDER the door in the front!

driprail C.jpeg

driprail B.jpeg

driprail A.jpeg

droptop

Reaction score
I see no modifications other than the screw hole for the back piece. I bet it is just covered up with filler.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
If you have the tear drop piece then place it on the drip rail and mark it. After putting on the new quarter had to do that very thing and dirll a small hole for the screw to go in. Nice car and hope it will come together for you. Russ.

jt4406

Reaction score
"no modifications other than the screw hole for the back piece"

what do you make of this.....

driprail A.jpeg

jt4406

Reaction score
"lower window trim clip hole"
Correct, but what I was pointing out was the drip rail extending down UNDER the door! You can see the parting line where a small section was added on and the door is clearanced and closes almost against it, also the corner at the top where the WS post drip rail meets the top to rear section of drip rail is connected and finished (middle picture above). These connections are very well done, either at the factory or by someone who was very good at body work. Most likely by someone good at bodywork in it's past history, but WHY would anyone go the this much trouble. As I said on the other web board, it's not a big deal, I'll most likely put the stainless trim on it, I am just curious as to why it is like this. The car came out of West Ky about 15 years ago.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Strange hard to say what they were trying to accomplish. Unless this had painted drip rail no trim which is unlikely or they were after that look??? The door has that shape in it but they most likely had to grind some metal.

jt4406

Reaction score
"drip rail no trim "
Does stainless driprail trim show up on the fender tag? I have it stashed somewhere.

jt4406

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the replies. the M21 code lays this to rest. It is coded as such on the trim tag. Apparently some Chip Foose wannabe in it's past modified it. I'll be looking for some driprail trim.
thanks again, Jess

droptop

Reaction score
Chip Foose wannabe........

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Foose would have chopped them off completely.

Last edited:
Back