• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driveshaft HAHAHAHA

Rocket

Reaction score
The driveshaft that came with the car looked good, I sent it to the shop to have it cleaned up, they stuck new U-joints on it,. Good so far, the best machine shop guy ever (truly a gem of a guy) says he had to put U-joints meant for a 318 car on it. I went home to measure it and it was about 50.75 Center to center. Definitely not the right one. The rusty nasty looking one that came with a trans I bought looks like it will work at 51.5" HAHAHAHA bye bye $$. Anybody needs it let me know.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Don't go jumping off a building or anything like that, it's just money :jester:

Rocket

Reaction score
I think it's funny. I should have known. The guy that had the car before me just through parts together. In reality a 3/4" short drive shaft will work (the splines engage) it's just wrong.

Rocket

Reaction score
i wish I knew what it would fit properly. Another issue, what if the "new' driveshaft I have has the larger yoke? my Rear has the smaller yoke.

Rocket

Reaction score
Thanks! Is there a part # or are they pretty common? Who knows this may drive me to just get a dana 60 .

Rocket

Reaction score
Thanks! I can honestly say I'd be lost without you cats. May you all live to be 100.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
as long as I can still drive a 4 gear,get up and down the stairs to get to my trains, and retire in 15 or less, I'll take you up on that! :D

Back