• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dropped Spindles

xyzz46

Reaction score
I tried searching for "dropped spindles" but didn't have any luck finding anything? I'm sure it's come up before but has anyone here put a set on their '69?
Jeff

droptop

Reaction score
Re: Dropped Spindls

Have you tried to lower the front end by using the torshen (sp?) bars?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Harold's right; not much need for drop spindles when you can adjust the ride height by just backing off the torsion bars...

xyzz46

Reaction score
I had a '67 Fury wagon I lowered by backing off the torsion bars but it was extremely mushy in the front end.
Jeff

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
xyzz46 said:
I had a '67 Fury wagon I lowered by backing off the torsion bars but it was extremely mushy in the front end.
Jeff

Years ago, I dropped the nose so low on one of my Dusters that I once tore the bottom out of a deep Moroso pan on deceleration...but the front end wasn't mushy... :D

And as unhappy as I was about wounding my beloved car, my dad was even less thrilled about the mess I made in the driveway when I limped it home with oil pouring out of the bottom of the pan... :lol:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
if you lower you torsion bars for road height it also going to throw out your alignment

usually they adjust or check your road height first then align your front end....so keep that in mind too

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
xyzz46 said:
Jeff

Years ago, I dropped the nose so low on one of my Dusters that I once tore the bottom out of a deep Moroso pan on deceleration...but the front end wasn't mushy... :D

And as unhappy as I was about wounding my beloved car, my dad was even less thrilled about the mess I made in the driveway when I limped it home with oil pouring out of the bottom of the pan... :lol:

Seems to be a right of passage for hipo Mopars. I wounded mine on my Swinger 3 times and once so bad that it crunched the pan into the crank and made a horrible noise.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Seems to be a right of passage for hipo Mopars. I wounded mine on my Swinger 3 times and once so bad that it crunched the pan into the crank and made a horrible noise.

Same for the driver side header tubes on an A-Body... :brickwall:

Back