• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Drum" roll please.....I need new everything!!

DirtyBird

Reaction score
Hello Roadrunner geniuses...

I'm going to rebuild the rear drums first but since I'm doing that, I know I need to replace a ton more and I want to do it while I have the breaks off:

Recommended rebuild kit for drums?

Recommended control arms, do I need them even (are MOPAR okay)?

What else should I do well I'm in there?

Pretty sure I need everything...but I don't even know what that is!!

Pics of my current state below:
thumb_IMG_3902_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_3903_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_3911_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_3912_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_3913_1024.jpg

Many thanks!!

thumb_IMG_3902_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_3903_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_3911_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_3912_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_3913_1024.jpg

quikbird

Reaction score
Brakes are a great place to start. Take pictures of setup before you start so you can put it back together easier, will want to clean and paint things like backing plates, should rebuild wheel cylinders, change all bushings and such things as tie rod ends etc, also all soft brake lines and very carefully inspect all steel lines for rot and rust.

Personally would consider switching to disc setup, but that is up to you. :cents:

DirtyBird

Reaction score
Thanks quikbird...I'll be switching to Disc up front but I can't afford the back right now and just want to make this baby a tad safer to drive until I upgrade the front to Disc :)

Anybody on here done what I plan on doing i.e. rebuild drum with new parts and rebuild everything else minor while in there? Pics would be greatly helpful!

quikbird

Reaction score
Try a thread I think called putting it back to stock. He takes great pictures and I think there is some brakes rebuilds in there. Try search and see what pops up for you.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
NAPA has everything you need. Rock auto might also. Pictures? I have pictures :D

roadrunner restoration 626.jpg

roadrunner restoration 627.jpg

Mopar Vince

Reaction score
The "WHOA" pedal is very important.

Go ahead and get some new flex lines too.
Check the leaf spring bushings. If they are the same age as the rest they might not be there at all.
It's always nice to be sure the "WHOA!!!" pedal is as good as the "GO!!!" pedal

Back