• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ECU mount

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any input on the pros and cons of mounting the unit on the back side of the intake. I have seen some hiding back there at a few shows and wonder if the heat is a big issue. I have also heard they are supposed to be vertical but the owners of the two I saw said they had no problems.

Next, Jamie at Megaparts says he heard of a fellow out of Washington state that is selling the mounting brackets themselves. He sells the firewall mount but it would not fit. Anyone been there done that?

Thanks

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. Heat and vibration would kill it eventually. If you want to hide it, put it in the interior or in the washer bottle.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
I wouldn't do it. Heat and vibration would kill it eventually. If you want to hide it, put it in the interior or in the washer bottle.

Under the battery tray seems to be a popular place for the A12 crowd to hide them...as I noted at Carlisle last year during the A12 Reunion...easy to hide the wiring amongst everything else running between the battery and the firewall... :popcorn:

solid gold

Reaction score
I bought that mount from Rocket Restorations, Bolted it to the back of motor, mounted the box on top of it, drove 800 miles (since July),no problems yet. Not saying there won't be problems down the road. Painted the bracket hemi orange to match. Glovebox or under battery tray, in washer bottle, all excellent choices. I've seen alot of people just put them on the firewall.ps Jamie is a good guy. Bought alot parts from him!

meepbeep69

Reaction score
I first of all want to say without your help this car would still be in pieces. So a truly heartfelt thanks to all of you!

I have been reading that they will fail anyway. So the "now that I have given up hope I feel much better saying applies!"

I bought three ecu units and three ballast resistors. All sitting in a box with the appropriate wrenches to remove and reset the units not if but when they fail. I want to have access.

The lines appear to be long enough to go under the battery tray and also long enough to get under the washer. Which brings me to a question I will post today.

Solid Gold is clipping along with 800 miles. That will take me probably two to three years. Or this weekend if the weather is good!!!

I had to put a 6 BBL coil mount on because the bowls of the Holley were too far out there. So I will probably come along with friction tape, wrap the coil lead and just put the box on the back of the block and be a test subject for a while.

If I were to put it inside where are you mounting them that you could get access if they failed at a cruise? What exisiting hole if any would you run the lines through?

Back