• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock E Street 440 Heads Fitment Question

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Is there any fitment issues with E Street Heads, on a 440. Specifically using the 69 HP manifolds ? I've heard of distributor issues but its pretty important that I'm using stock manifolds for this build, so I need to know if they will work.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I don't know of any problems but I'm not sure of what kind of gasket you would use on the exhaust manifolds. I would call the manufacturer to make sure on the fit also.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I do have a question as to why your going to a performance head and plugging them up with manifolds? Weight?

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Hard question to answer, son n laws 440 Charger, he's young and motivated to build that Go fast Car!, Which I was there once too. He likes the originality of the restoration look, and basically is willing to plug up the pipe a little, probably following me a bit as I have gotten back to the originality of my car for the shows and have told him about the evils of that dreaded exhaust leaking header.....The engine we built has a lower compression, and by using the smaller 75cc heads on the E streets we are raising it to 10. or real close,

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That makes sense, not sure how many cc's 440 source heads are but they look just like the cast originals. You could paint them and never know it.

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Yea I was leaning that way, cheaper but hes wants the eddys, cant say I blame him. I've got too many irons in the fire and not enough coin in the bank.

Back