• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric Fans?

JJRJR

Reaction score
Guys, any of you running an electric fan set up as opposed to either a fixed or clutch piece? Was thinking of going with electric and the body shop guy said he can get a fan and shroud set up from his radiator dealer (Champion) for $155.

Thanks,

John

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
I tried it originally, but it did not work out so I have a fixed fan and use a 14" for a pusher in traffic at temps above 210. Stock clutch fan would not fit with 440 swap and new 3 row rad.

JJRJR

Reaction score
bigmanjbmopar said:
I tried it originally, but it did not work out so I have a fixed fan and use a 14" for a pusher in traffic at temps above 210. Stock clutch fan would not fit with 440 swap and new 3 row rad.

I'm curious why the electric didn't work out for you? Did it just not cool enough? Did you have a shroud?

John

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
Wasn't dual, no shroud and it was at break in. So temps high already. I could probably switch now but just too lazy lol put in the fixed fan and still no shroud and it works fine until I am in stop and go traffic for extended periods. Very rare shroud would help then. If you have room for the clutch fan and shroud I would use that. The factory knew what they were doing when they had that set up.

dutchrunner

Reaction score
If got a high output dual rad fan from derale #16927.

Some trimming needed but with adjustable temp start solonoids the 528cui never runs hot.
But needs some more juice from alt tough.

Was 1hour job to place and running perfect for 3 years now.

moparstuart

Reaction score
I run a dual fan out of a caddy catera 98 , they are pushers so i can run the standard fan then. I have these on a toggle switch so i can turn them on when hot out or in traffic . These caddy fans are cheap in u pick it yards and are super heavy duty .... They come with there own shroud and push a hell of alot of air . They also have a nice big rubber seal to seal up air tight to my condenser .

fANP9271073.JPG

fanP9271071.JPG

fanP9271070.JPG

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I use a fan from a chevrolet HHR pusher and never has the Dart 340 got hot on me at the track.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I had a pusher fan on my car for a while but it didn't help. In fact the temp gauge would show 200 deg, and the fan didn't start, even while set to start at 160! :huh: I finally just took it off!

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
LET ME TELL YOU......I WENT THROUGH ALL THE FANS AND BOUGHT THE BEST......SPAL FANS......and guess what......i went back to a flex fan/shroud/becool aluminum radiator...and it works great

Back