• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric Fuel Pump Location with Full Exhaust

ykf7b0

Reaction score
I currently use an electric fuel pump with a cannister filter that are mounted on the inner side of the passenger frame rail near the factory gas tank on my 69 roadrunner. I have exhaust turn downs located just in front of the rear axle housing and the fumes are starting to really annoy me. I am going to get some tailpipes and run the exhaust all the way out. I know I will have to relocate the electric fuel pump and cannister filter to another location because the passenger side tailpipe will occupy that space. My question to you is, where do you locate an electric fuel pump and cannister filter with full exhaust on these roadrunners?

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
i removed my leaking fuel tank and installed a 20 gallon aluminum fuel cell in the trunk......a electric fuel pump should be located below the fuel cell/tank to work properly but i have seen guys mount them in there trunk

ykf7b0

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply but I am going to keep the factory tank in place.

ykf7b0

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
My fuel pump is mounted to the passenger side of the pinion snubber plate. Plenty of clearance.
Did you fabricate a bracket or did you mount it directly to the sheet metal?

Back