• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electronic Ign.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I want to put Electronic ignition on my car and I have couple choices:

1-Year one/M&H engine harness set up for electronic ign. only drawback is you have the plug for the four prong ballast and plug for the electronic regulator plus they say use a 1970 alt.

2-New oringinal harness with the Mopar kit to convert it over Year one/M&H.

Or has anybody used something other then above?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
abodybill said:

1-Year one/M&H engine harness set up for electronic ign. only drawback is you have the plug for the four prong ballast and plug for the electronic regulator plus they say use a 1970 alt.

Points and condenser :acme: :jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
i bought two 69 style ones from hardens , who sold out to national parts depot ?
I hope they still have a maker for them , true 69 style alternator and resister plugs and the electronic harness made right into it . one is on my 69 runner 383 and one is on my 69 charger 440 both plugged in and worked great first time .

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
abodybill said:

shut up daddy :acme: :acme:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
abodybill said:

shut up daddy :acme: :acme:

Now you know you have to have respect for the very very very old folks :jester:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
abodybill said:

Well I got a bridge up here in Michigan I will sell ya too and pm me you address and I will send you all the point dizzy's ya want :thumbsup: :acme:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
If you want to keep it stock looking you might consider using a Pertronix II unit. It simply replaces the points and condenser in the dizzy and the only giveaway to it being there is there are now two wires coming out of the dizzy instead of the one that the points has. I have it in all three of my cars and they all work great!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
If you want to keep it stock looking you might consider using a Pertronix II unit. It simply replaces the points and condenser in the dizzy and the only giveaway to it being there is there are now two wires coming out of the dizzy instead of the one that the points has. I have it in all three of my cars and they all work great!
Now that I gave you a bad time I agree with Steve on the Pertronix conversion. :yesnod: My favorite but it looks like crap on a mopar is the Davis HEI, so simple.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info and I will look up the info on the Pertronix II setup. :thumbsup:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I bought the balancer this am :thumbsup: and that's the money spent for this month got to wait and pay the land taxes with the SS check then there's enough left to fill up the Cummins till first of month.

John69RR

Reaction score
I use the Chrysler system. Simply mount the module and splice in the wires. If I do decide to change it would be the MSD 6AL.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
If I go with the pertronix II does it make any difference if I use a dizzy from an automatic single point or 4 speed with dual points?

Reason I ask is I can't find my oringinal dizzy 4 speed but buddy gave me 4 single point dizzys and I don't need to buy another one.

Back